10 Simple Acne Remedies That Can Help Clear Your Skin Naturally
Almost everyone has suffered from acne at one time or another in his or her lives. It is primarily a disorder of the sebaceous gland (glands in the skin that secrete an oily substance) of the face, the neck and back. When the sebaceous glands become clogged with the oily substance they create, the accumulation results in pimples. There are several forms of acne, but the most common is acne vulgaris, found primarily in adolescents.
The exact cause of acne is not known, but factors that contribute to this condition include heredity, oily skin and androgens. Additional factors include allergies, stress, the use of certain drugs, nutritional deficiencies, liver dysfunction, exposure to industrial pollutants, cosmetics and the monthly menstrual cycle.
In addition, the skin functions to eliminate a portion of the body’s toxic waste by sweating. If the body contains more toxins than the kidneys or liver can effectively discharge, the skin takes over. In fact, some doctors call the skin the 3rd kidney. As toxins escape through the skin, they can disrupt the health and integrity of the skin, creating issues.
Natural Home Remedies For Acne
Note: Some of these recommendations may take 2-4 weeks before any results or improvements are experienced.
- Apply distilled white vinegar (can be diluted if too strong) to the face and affected areas. Allow this to sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with cool water.
- Lemon or any citric fruit works great as a natural exfoliate, removing dead skin cells that may clog the pours. As with the white vinegar, apply the juice of a lemon (or desired citric juice) to the face. Allow it to dry for about 10 minutes, then rinse with cool water. You may feel a mild sting or burn when the lemon juice is applied. If so, diluting the juice is acceptable.
- Increase water consumption. Water helps flush toxin out and help transport nutrients in the body.
- Eat a properly balanced diet to ensure proper nutrition.
- Take a high quality multiple vitamin and mineral supplement to make up for nutrients missing in today’s foods.
- Echinacea or Oregon grape can be used to boost the immune system and fight acne-causing bacteria.
- Dandelion, Burdock or red clover can help to keep the liver clear of toxic overload.
- Large quantities of vitamin A have been successfully used to treat severe acne. Large amounts, however, can be toxic and should only be used when working with your health care provider.
- Consider adding additional zinc to your diet. Zinc aids in the healing of tissues and assists in preventing scarring. It is also important for the body in resisting infection and inflammation.
- To clear and heal the skin, try a homeopathic Acne remedy. It can help to dry up pimples & prevent future outbreaks.
© Copyright Rita Louise, Inc. – soulhealer.com. All rights reserved.
Taking action is the key to making positive changes in your life. This includes your health. So don’t wait! Take your next step right now and contact Dr. Rita to schedule a private consultation.
Medical Intuitive Reading – Intuitive Counseling – Energy Healing
This information is provided for educational purposes only.
The descriptions of nutritional supplements are based on the historical usage of the various ingredients. They are not intended to promote any direct or implied health claims, and actual results of usage can vary.
The statements on this Web site have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Rita Louise, PhD is not a medical doctor. Sessions are not intended for the diagnosis, treatment, alleviation, mitigation, prevention or care of any disease of any kind, in any way. Individuals, however, can choose to utilize the information and knowledge gained during a session for the care of their own body, including any suggested health or healing programs.
For any medical problems, see your primary care physician.